Brownie Thursday

Friday, June 27, 2014 Miya 0 Comments

Untitled

Summer has finally arrived in Norway (even though Oslo had hail, rain AND thunder yesterday), and we have had some very very warm weeks. High temperatures and lots of people is not really a pleasant combination for me, so I decided to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life and drove down to my cabin in Southern Norway on Wednesday. For some strange reason I transform into a different person when I visit my cabin: I wake up early most days without an alarm and I always rediscover my passion for baking. When it comes to baking there is one cake that nothing can beat. And that is a gooey, warm fudge brownie. I've played around with a couple of recipes before and now, finally, I have the perfect recipe.


For this recipe you'll need:

110g butter
200g chocolate 
190g caster sugar
80g dark brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g almond flour
2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
50g all-purpose flour

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter and chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the sugar and stir for a couple of minutes and let the sugar slightly dissolve in the mixture.

2. Remove the bowl and let the mixture cool down slightly. Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Finally add the flour and cocoa powder and whisk thoroughly into the mixture.

3. Pour the mixture into a cake pan (the size will vary depending on how you want your brownie) and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remember to check the cake frequently and take it out of the oven when it's very gooey (it will continue to cook and then set once it has cooled down).

Happy baking!

Untitled

Photos by me


M x

0 comments :