Sunday Lunch

Sunday, February 22, 2015 Millie 1 Comments

P2220031


Okay, YES I admit this is a weird meal, but it was still delicious. In essence this is a mix of two previous dinners combined: tabbouleh inspired salad with quinoa instead of bulgur, naan bread AND swede mash with goats' cheese.

Trust me this wasn't a fantastic chef moment, but rather a "I need to eat this before it goes bad"-moment. I had a swede in the fridge and it wasn't looking too perky so I decided to make swede mash with roasted chicken. But what I also had in the fridge was goats' cheese that I really needed to eat before it went bad. So I did the only natural thing: I cut the cheese into small pieces and added it to the warm mash and it slowly melted and dissolved into the mash. Turns out it was actually very nice (If you like the taste of goats' cheese that is). The day before I had made tabbouleh with quinoa, and yes I know tabbouleh is supposed to be freshly made but trust me; it was still delicious the day after.

Hence these two events lead to this fantastic Sunday lunch: warm gooey goats' cheese swede mash with quinoa tabbouleh and naan. Yummy! 


Tabbouleh inspired salad with quinoa and Za'atar
1 Large bunch fresh flatleaf Parsley (leaves only, washed and finely chopped)
1 small bunch fresh Mint (leaves only and finely chopped)
4-5 small cherry Tomatoes finely chopped
1 small red onion finely chopped
Approx 30g of quinoa

Juice of half a Lemon
1-2 Tsp Za'atar
Good dash of extra virgin olive oil

1. Cook the quinoa as instructed on the package (or just read this fantastic article from The Kitchn) and leave to cool. Chop the parsley, mint, tomatoes and red onion and mix it all together in a bowl with the quinoa.

2. Mix the lemon, Za'atar and olive oil in a bowl and drizzle on the salad, be sure to mix everything to ensure the salad is coated in the dressing.



Swede mash with goats' cheese
1 Swede
Good pinch of salt
Couple of slices of goats' cheese
Butter (optional)

1. Chop the swede into cubes and cook the until tender in salted water (takes around 40-45 minutes).

2. Drain the water and let the swede steam for 5 minutes. Mash the swede with a masher and mix in the chopped goats cheese and (optional) butter for extra creaminess. Season with salt and pepper to taste



1 comment :