Where to Drink in Manchester: TAKK

Monday, June 15, 2015 Millie 0 Comments

Untitled



TAKK

Address: 6 Tariff Street, Manchester M1 2FF

Being a Scandinavian abroad I am painfully aware of my roots and that means I am instantly drawn to anything with a Scandinavian sounding name, it's just in my blood. TAKK is no exception. However I go to TAKK not only for their adorable name ("Thanks" in Icelandic and Norwegian! Seriously though, their logo is adorable.) but for their coffee. Featuring coffee from The Barn Berlin you know you can't go wrong.. Actually no, you CAN go very very wrong, however the barista at TAKK didn't. 

Being an instagram freak I discovered TAKK a while ago while searching around instagram, so one rainy afternoon before summer we decided to sprint to TAKK for an ice coffee (running makes you feel warm you know). The first thing that greets you is a simple counter, strong smell of coffee and drawings by, I'm guessing, local artists. One thing I really love about small independent coffee shops/cafes, is the friendly vibe you get; and TAKK is no exception. Excellent friendly staff who will gladly take the time to explain to you what coffees they have that day. One thing is for sure: I can't wait to get back to Manchester after summer!
Untitled Untitled

0 comments :