Mousse for dinner & breakfast

Monday, April 20, 2015 Millie 0 Comments

Untitled


I LOOOOOVE chocolate mousse, but then again who doesn't? For Easter dinner we had homemade chocolate mousse with espresso and raspberries and it was divine and so easy to make. The next morning we had the leftover mousse for brunch dessert with even more raspberries!

It's getting pretty hectic at the moment with exams coming up soon so I keep daydreaming about that week I had back home in Norway with sunshine, the ocean a mere 5 minute walk away, delicious meals and a bakery 200m from my house. Agh. I'm lazy whenever I'm back in England and I really don't bake as much as I'd like to. Life's tight on a student budget hehe.

Anyways, this recipe is so easy to make and the warm espresso does most of the chocolate melting for you! For this recipe you'll need

200 grams of dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 dl warm espresso (the taste of the espresso will affect the mousse slightly so go for a coffee that you really like. I love beans with fruity and dark berries notes as I think this goes really well with the mousse)
3 egg yolks
3 dl double cream

1. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and pour the hot espresso over it, leaving it for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally to ensure that the chocolate is melting properly.

2. Mix the egg yolks into the slighly cooled chocolate mixture. Whip the cream until it's got a soft whipped cream consistency and carefully fold the cream into the egg & chocolate mixture.

3. Put the mousse in bowls or cups and chill for at least 2-3 hours. Serve with berries!





Untitled

0 comments :